Sunday, September 30, 2012

UFO CHALLENGE - STARTS OCTOBER 1, 2012


UFO CHALLENGE
October 1, 2012
thru
September 30, 2013



I really need to some of my UFOs completed. The last few years, I always seem to get started on a quilt and then I get bored and/or see another quilt I want to make. The other problem I have is BLOCK OF THE MONTHS (BOM)! I seem to JOIN them all the time!

Well, as you know, I have 75 UFOs. I know I CANNOT complete all 75 UFOs in a year. But I would like to at least get 10 done in a year.

So I thought why not start a challenge with others?

I hope you will join me…

Here's how it works...


1. Choose 10 of your UFOs.Then send me your list via email. Each month, from October 1, 2012 through September 1, 2013, I will choose a number **1-10 that is the UFO you will work on to complete during that month. November and December will not count as it is around the holidays and we all tend to get pretty busy. 

**For example: if the number 5 is chosen in October, then we would work on whatever is #5 on our list. You have the month to finish the UFO. You will need to send me a picture of your completed quilt top and I will post a picture of  your quilt here(blog). 

No pressure at all…you work at your own pace, finish what you can when you can. The idea is to try and get some UFOs out of the way. 

Another THOUGHT came to mind! LOL …

Let’s make the CHALLENGE more ENTICING, on September 30, 2013, their name gets put in a basket and on October 1st, I will draw a winner. 

**To be eligible, Quilt top MUST be from your list. 

You do not have to participate in drawing. There are some of us that need a push to get those UFOs out and get completed.

**Exclusions: Not included in drawing are Doll quilts, Wall hangings, Quilt tops that need Borders, Sash and/or Binding and or even quilting.



Winner will receive a Gift Card to a Quilt Shop of their choice.

Is this enticing enough? =) Please Join us! 


 I will see you October 1st! 

No comments:

Post a Comment