Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Sew Expo...

Well I am back from Sew Expo. At 8:30am, I attended my class "Fun Fast Fusing". Instructors were Frieda Anderson & Laura Wasilowski. They were pretty funny. Anyway, Class was all about fused art quilts. It was great and fast fusing, however you will not be able to wash. 8( 

At first, I thought to myself "WOW...I can design a jacket using this method". NOPE...the fusing they use is Pellon Wonder Under 805 and Tim Tex (C & T Publishing). So you really cannot wash. 

Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone. They are SO CUTE.



Floss - Gorgeous colors!

If you want to view their website, click here. They do have some really CUTE patterns. The fabrics and floss you see in each designs, they dye and create themselves. I did buy some floss. I wanted to purchase some fabrics, but I just could not find their booth. 8(   I will have to purchase fabrics online. Check it out and let me know what you think! 8)

After class, I did browse around and got a couple of fabrics. YES a couple! 8) 

 For my Stash
Wall hanging for my Kitchen

Sew Expo this year wasn't all that impressive to me. I been to Sew Expo in the past and it was a lot better classes and vendors. This is just my opinion. 

The next exhibition is August 23 - 25th "Pacific West Quilt Show". Looking forward to going to this event!

Anyway, this how I spent my Sunday!8)

Happy Stitching!
 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog, you have some beautiful quilts and your stash is to die for! I wish I wasn't on the opposite coast, LOL! Looking forward visiting you frequently as you have similar projects, I just got Rosemary Youngs new book, I'm hoping to some day do some Dear Jane blocks and the list goes on......I should jump into your Oct. 2012 - Sept. 2013 challenge to see if I can get more of my projects finished! Would love to see your long arm quilter, don't think I missed any photos of it. Hope you stop in to visit my blog again!

    ReplyDelete