Wednesday, March 6, 2013

UFO 1 - Civil War Chronicles...

This month we are working on UFO -1. Back in 2010-2011, I joined Civil War Chronicles BOM designed by Homestead Hearth. Last year I worked on some of the blockswhile traveling. These block are labor intense! 8) But as you know me, I like a quilt that is challenging. Check them out. 

Month 1
Center Block

Month two
called for 4 16" blocks

Month 4
called for 8 12-1/2" blocks!




Month 5
called for 16 triangle blocks that finished on the short side!


Month 6
called for 4 13-1/2" blocks




Month 7
called for 4 13-1/2" blocks
 


 Month 8
called for 4 13-1/2" blocks



Month 10
called for 8 6-1/2" blocks

Now do you see why I said this is  "labor intense"??? LOVE IT! 8)

Anyway, I misplaced pattern instructions for month 3 & 9! 8(  I have no clue how, when or WHERE the instructions are! I decluttered, organized and cleaned my studio! I have the fabrics but no pattern! So, I started to google and see if I can purchase the pattern. Homestead Hearth only had month 3. So I purchased pattern. Now I needed to FIND month 9. I googled and came across a few blogs. I started to think "ok...no harm in sending an email asking if they would sell me their pattern". Well I emailed Denise . Her blog "Mountain Quilter" . She is sending me a copy of pattern instruction for month 9! 8)  GOSH am I a HAPPY camper. She want to do a trade...copy of her pattern for a couple of FQ's. I am not going to send her two FQ's. I am sending her a few! 8)  THANK YOU SO MUCH DENISE!!!

Tomorrow I am going to play in my studio. I am working on America the Beautiful and when I get that done, I will get back to my UFO #1. 8)

Until then, Have a wonderful Thursday!

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blocks! Glad you were able to find the missing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Billie! Oh I am so glad I found pattern. 8)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome, hope you have received it, think I'm going to have to pull mine out of the back pile and get working on it!

    ReplyDelete