Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Long Absents...

I've had such a busy, busy summer this year. July (July 6 & 7th) we had our family reunion in Hawaii.  A lot of preparation put into it. But to top everything off, week before the reunion, the hall we rented, there was an electrical fire in the kitchen! So both my brother & I along with our spouses, scrambled to find another place in such short notice which we did, get the WORD out to families who were attending of new location. The reunion went really good. The families seem to enjoy themselves!

On August 7th, I had to fly back home because my brother Paul was admitted into the hospital. He had to have a bypass surgery. He is recovering very well after having a quadruple bypass. It is a BLESSING that he is still with us!

Anyway, I came home on September 5th and it was AWESOME to see my wonderful husband and furry children!!! I missed them terribly! Now to focus on selling our rental house next door! I had a couple of nieces staying there along with their friend and THAT was a NIGHTMARE! I will just leave it as that "NIGHTMARE".

I finally got to go into my studio to do some sewing. It felt like Christmas just turning on my machine! 8)  I worked on a UFO and finished it! Back in 2009, I joined a block exchange. We had to send each other a fat quarter and we make a block out of it. Some of the blocks I received back were very challenging. Some of the blocks I had to take apart and resew. *ugh*  Anyway, I finally finished the top. I won't be able to quilt it because I packed my longarm machine. I will have to wait until I move to Hawaii to finish. 
Anyway, here is my quilt top. Blocks are 12". It turned out okay.


Now for the next UFO. YEP, I am working on UFOs. I hope to get a lot of them done before the end of the year.

Until then...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment