Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Work in Progress...


I've manage to keep up with a few projects. I find myself eager to get into my studio to get sewing and organizing. With this said, I QUICKLY clean house, laundry, etc... Then I basically RUN to my studio. Since 2014, I did not sew much if any until now 2017! My life is back to normal.

Once I am in my studio, I'll spend at least 2 hours organizing my fabric stash. I've manage to get 2 5-tier shelves organized. Since I am refolding fabrics, I pulled out all the fabrics and into bins or laundry basket. Then I am ironing and refolding them. Once that is done, I then sort them out by color and back on the shelf. I am noticing the amount of certain colors I have obtained than other colors. The one color I am going to have to deplete is "brown". I am going to have to make at least 2 brown quilts. No problem there.

Take a look at what I am dealing with. BEWARE...it looks like a fabric HOARDER!!!!










Now here are a couple of pictures of my organized shelves.



I will continue to work on this organization until I am done. Now how is your organization going?


It feels so good to stay on track with my projects. I've managed to stay on track with:




Dear Jane:

As of yesterday, I've completed the "A" row. I haven't sewn the blocks together. I am still deciding whether or not I will add sashing. I have a lot of one background fabric which is the green. However, I am kind of worried that I won't have enough red.  I love paper piecing. I find it easy and what I love about paper piecing is majority of my points are perfect. Well somewhat.


A-1 Pinwheel Gone Awry


A-2 One - Two Buckle My Shoe

A-3 Hunter's Moon
This block was a pain! It took me 3 tries to make this darn block! Those melons were stubborn. I could get the corners to meet for the life of me. This is it! Who said we were perfect RIGHT????

A-4 Courtney's Stethoscope

A-5 Cathie's Campfire

A-6 Uncle Homer

A-7 Dad's Plaid
Background fabric was suppose to be 2 dark and 2 light. In the beginning, I cut a 5-1/2" square of the background. However, it didn't look good so I decided to cut 4, 3-1/4" squares, sew them together.

A-8 Florence Nightingale

A-9 Cabin Fever

A-10 Which Points West?

A-11 Pebble's Protest

A-12 Framed Fancy

A-13 Starlight Starbright



Solstice Challenge:

We are into our fifth block. It is called Gramma Anna's Basket. Fabric I chose is a little darker than the others. But I think it will work. Too early to tell.

Gramma Anna's basket block




Farmer's Wife Sampler:

For this quilt, I am using Civil War Reproduction fabrics.

Block 5 - A Bat Wing


This week I have a few things on the calendar that are not quilt or home related. I have to work on the Church bulletin, clean my dad's home and on Friday, we are taking Fr. Mike (priest) to buy a new stove.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Take sometime for yourself and do something you enjoy.

Aloha,








1 comment: