Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Monday Progress...


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend with family. Don't you just love Easter? I certainly do. Going to Church and seeing everyone all dressed up in Easter colors. Easter reminds me that Spring is here. Well here in Hawaii, its warm all year long. All the tropical flowers and orchids are all blossoming. But for some reason, yesterday made me think of all the spring flowers blossoming right about now. I really miss the different flowers I had at our home in Seattle. Anyway, since I have to take it easy for awhile, it was funny seeing the men (husband, brother & father) preparing Easter dinner. They prepared baked bone-in ham, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus and my DF made Spanish rice. I couldn't help but smile. An event I will always cherish! I didn't think of taking a picture. *grrr* Dinner was great.


Monday Progress:

2017 New Quilt Bloggers was a huge success for me! If you visited my post and commented, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE all the comments and suggestions. I am so happy I joined in. I needed the help to succeed in blogging. Whats so interesting is I got to meet a lot of bloggers!

I manage to work on 182-days Solstice challenge. For last week Pat Sloan posted block #17/25 Spring Fever. Here is my version of block.


Now for OMG (One Monthly Goal) update. I manage to finish all three quilts. But I am afraid I won't be able to complete finish quilting the three quilt tops. I tried moving my machine around to see if my wrist will handle. However it started to hurt a bit. The surgeon went through my right wrist instead of my groin. Maybe next month I will be can finish it.

In the meantime, my husband is doing the cutting for me. YAY! If I can only convince him to ALWAYS cut for me. I don't like to cut. I don't know of anyone who likes cutting. Are you one of those? 

Have a great week. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind cutting either and I would worry if my hubby was cutting for me. lol. I added your button to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My least favorite part of any project is the cutting! It is so nice of your husband to help you out so much, what a wonderful man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind cutting. But I don't think I'd let my husband do my cutting for me. He thinks close enough is good enough, which doesn't always work well in quilting. I really like your happy sunshine block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind cutting, but I HATE cutting squares bigger than my ruler, even using my cutting mat as a guide. Makes my head hurt :) Glad your hubby is willing to step in and help. Would the "wow, you do that so much better than me," routine work for convincing him to continue? :) I love the little sunshine print in your Solstice block, lots of sunny weather is the best part of spring fever.

    ReplyDelete